Monday, March 16, 2009

My first mission trip to longhouses.

After the CGM on last Friday,I was impulsed and touched to participate in the mission trip .The destination are longhouses.My dream of visiting a longhouse is finally fulfilled and I set off with great happiness and excitement.
There are 15BnS in our trip.This last minute decision may be a bit "impolite"to other members but all BnS are so supportive and I soon am in good company.
A blessed drive and we arrived at the first longhouse.


Our pastor,Pastor Jonathan.He and his wife are very anointed .Pastor ,thx for ur hospitality that made our trip so blessed and meaningful.

Emmmmm,this is our first destination.Though quite tired after the 5hrs drive,we all were thrilled .I realised my dream and finally got this golden opportunity .

A wooden staircase leads us to the longhouse which is built on uphill.
The outermost varendah.


Hah,r u impressed by this spacious inner varendah?This is a venue for welcoming guests and most probably a place for festival gathering for the longhouse friends.I should have enquired more but due to my tiredness,I just "lengang lengang"around,in quietness.


The sitting room,very neat,spick and span.Modernised and equipped with basic luxuries.
Though being told we had taken our lunch in town,the friendly hosts still prepared the lunch.Friends,I enjoyed vey much the foods,esp the rice.Thx.

Nenek is having childre ministry with full enthusiasm.The lovely kids r paying attentively to her songs and lyrics.Good work ,nenek.






The market .there are many stuffs for sale and most are new to me .Huh,........

This is one type of snails .They got from the river.Very tasty.I love it .Many who dare not try were convinced to taste and finally finished all .Hah!



Big catfish for sale.See,
village life is so blessed with all these.

Alamak,snake meat for sale.Python.I ...........quickly took the pic and ran for my life.


Ulat sago.Fat and healthy.But I dare not touch.Gilik!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah,ini longhouse moden leh *_*

Anonymous said...

master,the longhouse looks very grand o.more pictures,please.are you very busy?any email address?

Anonymous said...

yes,

nanghai,
long time no see,how are you?

the longhouse is very well maintained ;the residents are very open to outside world as well.

Anonymous said...

dear robert,

there will be more pictures coming up but no MSN.