Tuesday, September 9, 2008

specialty of Sarawak-Longhouses 砂拉越的特景-长屋情怀

It is always my dream to visit longhouse but the chance never knocks at my door.I remembered I wrote an essay on "A visit to a longhouse"during Form 3 .My chinese teacher was a Taiwanese and he was so impressed that he wanted to go visit that longhouse in my essay.But I told him it was purely my imagination and he was shocked.Now he is with Lord aleady or else I would like to bring him to visit a real longhouse. To me, longhouse is very special. It is a long building, with many families living together,harmoniously.It is no point to mention further as I have not visited a longhouse personally.Here are some pictures of longhouse.




This longhouse is bulit at the cultural village in Kuching,called Rumah Iban.Hup,look very well constructed,neat in very well maintained clean surrounding.But ......



look at this longhouse.It is built on many long poles.What a contradictory sight !This is not so impressive as the one built at the cultural village in Kuching.One is for show whilst the other one is the real one.Now read this article from an Iban friend.

Anonymous said...
As a dayak i am very angry because untill today our longhouses still not get connected by tar-sealroad to the city, and still don't have clean water and electricity 24hour. believe me in 10year there will be many longhouses will be empty, and our childrens can no longer said they will go balik kampung to there friends during gawai dayak or christmas. while in semenanjung, even their ricefields get connected by tar-sealroad. so please sarawak Mps, i don't care if you are Dap or BN, please help us to make our dreem come true in our lifetime, we cannot wait another empty promise during another election. please help us!(copy from Dap Miri website).

Friends ,any say or comments?whose faults ?Our government?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Sarawak Tourism Department should help to preserve all the dying cultures of the Sarawakians.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this shd be their duty and responsibility. Preserve!